Vacation rentals in Italy have become more and more popular in the past few years, what do you need to know when renting a property in Italy or Florence? Here you will find few tips about your choices, suitability of rentals and more…
- Agriturismo: a farm house or complex of houses offering extra services such as restaurants at various levels, organized hiking, tours in the country side, horse riding, naturalism and much more.
- Villas: a large independent house sleeping you can find from a minimum of 6 to mansion sleeping over 30 or more people.
- Independent tourist apartments & apart-hotels: in cities of art such as Florence, Venice or Rome these form rentals have become very popular and you can choose from independent flats privately owned, to full residence style complex of several apartments.
- Bed & Breakfast: suitable for short breaks few days this rentals offer sleep and first breakfast from economy to very expensive rooms.
- Hostels: very economy accommodation great also for backpackers.
Industrial Rentals Vs Small Rentals
Hotels, large Villas, professionally managed Agriturismi offer classic services such as room service, 24 hours help desk, organized tours, Restaurants, SPA services,organized excursions, wine and food tasting and much more. These are great accommodations if you don’t want to think and it’s a great way to spend your vacation if your goal is to be served.
If you decide instead for smaller places that’s when you get a genuine touch of real people. Self managed, family run rentals such as little places in the country or apartments in the city center offer the most personal feeling and touch to your vacation, sometimes with little surprises to keep as part of your memories of your vacation. The landlord or manager have their own vision of the place giving you their personal information and invaluable tips that you don’t find on book guides because are part of the tradition that only locals know inside out.
The Length of stay and the Most Suitable Properties
I often get requests for very short stays of one or two night on apartments or villas and monthly stays on B&B’s, lets give you some tips to better optimize your search. If you plan to come to the city center for a couple of days you don’t want to contact apartments unless they offer a special rates for exactly those two nights. In apartments and villas the minimum stay varies from 4 days to 1 week at least and this is because the logistic is self paid only for such length. If you don’t want an Hotel solution Bed & Breakfast are instead a perfect place for your very short term request, these properties offer a quick service perfect for daily stays with unique morning breakfast and on site assistance, charming rooms, all very romantic.
When requesting availability to properties keep this in mind:
- From one to five days go for Agriturismi, B&B’s, Hostels, Hotels, some ApartHotels and ONLY specials on apartments if you find the right deal.
- From seven days and up Apartments are great money saver and invaluable experience for your stay. If you plan the county side Villas are great starting from one week length.
Hope this helps for renting property in Italy.
Related aritcles: Long Term Rentals in Florence